For Lotus Bakeries, it goes without saying that your personal information is treated with care, taking into account all relevant provisions of the applicable privacy legislation(s), such as but not limited to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA 2018”).
Hereafter, we provide you with more information on which personal data we may be processing, how we collect these and why we process them, how long we keep them and with whom we share them. We also explain how we protect the personal data we collect and how you can exercise your rights.
We ensure that all information in this Policy is permanently available to you. However, we reserve the right to amend our Policy when required by legislation or changes to our own business practices. The most recent version of our Policy can be found on our website at any time.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The following legal entities are responsible for the processing of your personal data and will act as joint-controllers:
- Lotus Bakeries Corporate NV, Gentstraat 1, 9971 Lembeke, Belgium, company number 0881 664 870; and Frances Booth, Lotus Bakeries, 51 Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5BQ, company number CRN 5594818
Hereinafter these joint-controllers are referenced as “Lotus Bakeries”, “we”, “us”, “our”.
2. HOW AND ON WHICH LEGAL GROUNDS WILL WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Depending on your specific situation, you can find below an overview of the personal data which will be processed, the legal ground(s) and purpose(s) of the processing, if they will be transferred, and the applicable retention periods:
A. Questions, complaints and comments
We offer companies the possibility to submit any questions , complaints or comments with regard to Lotus Bakeries via our website. The following data is collected, stored and processed:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Company name;
- Function (not obligatory);
- Message text;
- IP address.
When you contact us, you give us consent to use this personal data to process your question, complaint or comment. Your data will be stored for as long as needed to treat your request, and will be deleted after 13 months. In exceptional circumstances, and only for complaints, the data may be archived for 5 years. Your data may be disclosed to another affiliate of Lotus Bakeries for the purpose of further investigation of your question or complaint. You can find our affiliates on our corporate website (www.lotusbakeries.com). For transfer to our affiliates outside the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to improve our services.
B. Commercial relationship management
Within the framework of our commercial activities, and more specifically related to the management of our (potential and actual) business partners and (potential and actual) suppliers, it is possible that we receive or collect personal data.
The processing of the data is exclusively for managing our business relationships and is therefore for the purpose of executing our contract and/or based on our legitimate interests. We will always take your privacy rights into account. Given the limited use of your personal data, we believe that your interest or fundamental privacy rights do not outweigh the aforementioned interest. If you take a different view, please let us know via Frances Booth – email@example.com
Your data may be disclosed to another affiliate of Lotus Bakeries when this is useful in our B2B relationship. You can find our affiliates on our corporate website (www.lotusbakeries.com). For transfer to our affiliates outside the EEA we provide appropriate safeguards.
You can subscribe to our newsletter to receive commercial communications about promotional offers and/or discounts.
Provided you have given us free, explicit and informed consent to do so, we collect, store and process the following data:
- E-mail address;
- Your consent.
You can withdraw or change your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to: Frances Booth – firstname.lastname@example.org in which case we will delete your personal data within one (1) month of your withdrawal. In the absence of your withdrawal, we will retain your personal data for as long as it is useful to us.
We rely on the services of [insert third party/ies e.g. marketing agencies and Mailchimp] to send our newsletter. Your data will be transferred to them only for the purpose of sending such newsletters. We also made the necessary agreements with them to protect your personal data.
3. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have a set of technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and are in accordance with current industry standards and practice.
Your personal data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Relating to your personal data you have the following rights:
- You can always request information about your personal data collected, stored and processed by Lotus Bakeries. To receive this kind of information you may need to prove your identity.
- If your personal data stored by Lotus Bakeries is incorrect, you can of course apply for a correction.
- You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while the accuracy of your personal data is being checked).
- You may require us to erase any data concerning you (except in some cases, for example when we have to save your data to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- In case the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke your consent to the storage and processing of your personal data.
- If you do not agree with the way Lotus Bakeries is processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Lotus Bakeries UK Data Protection Authority https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en]
6. WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS?
For any questions, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you can contact us:
- By post: Frances Booth, Lotus Bakeries, 51 Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5BQ
- By e-mail: Frances Booth – email@example.com